Today I decided to try a “Tumeric Face Mask for Glowing Skin” that Dr Axe promoted in a newsletter. Here is my experience…
My skin is very sensitive so I like trying remedies that are all natural or that I can make at home. The ingredients in this face mask are:
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of organic, raw, local honey
- ½ teaspoon milk or yogurt
- [optional] 1 drop lemon essential oil or fresh lemon juice for additional skin brightening
What I like about this face mask is that it tastes good. So when it gets in my mouth, its not the end of the world.
I also have super sensitive skin and I am hoping this concoction will not irritate my skin. Otherwise, I will have to go into repair mode to reduce the reactivity.
So, I left it on for 15 minutes. It was easy to rinse off. So is my skin brighter or “glowing”?
How the heck am I supposed to tell when all I can see is orange?
I got orange stain around my mouth and forehead, mostly. My face no longer matches my neck. It’s like a self-tanner gone bad.
So what did I learn?
- Tumeric stains, even on a well-exfoliated face.
- Never do a test on your face when you have a meeting
- Never do a test on your face when you are planning on recording video.
- Do a test run on an inconspicuous area first.
- I have sensitive skin to even kitchen ingredients.
I hope this wears off fast. I have a workshop on Saturday…oh, the explaining I will have to do.
My advice: don’t do this face mask UNLESS you want an orange tan. Then go for it!
Have a great weekend!